If you’re looking to purchase, rent, or have your floor care equipment serviced, you are bound to have a few questions about the process. No worries!
Here at Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep, we try to make it as easy as possible for our customers to find the answers they are looking for regarding their specific equipment needs.
If you’d like to shorten the research process of finding your perfect floor care machine for purchase or rental, we have created a quick, 8-question survey that you can fill out online and submit to receive detailed model information, pricing, and availability within minutes:
If you prefer to do your own research on floor care equipment, no problem! Start here-
1. DO I NEED A FLOOR SCRUBBER OR FLOOR SWEEPER? Floor scrubbers put down water, scrub the floor, and dry it using their squeegee vacuum system. Floor sweepers dry sweep the floor and use a vacuum filter system. If your floor has large piles of debris like rocks and other materials, you should consider a floor sweeper. Floor sweepers not only get up larger debris, but they also do an excellent job with dust accumulation on the floor. Many shop and factory floors that are older would be ideal for a floor sweeper.
Floor scrubbers can also perform light sweeping and provide a deeper clean of the floor. The scrubbing action completely removes dirt and you can also use cleaner/degreaser chemicals with the floor scrubber for added benefit and clean scent after use. There are two main types of floor scrubbers, ones with a cylindrical brush deck and others with disk brush decks.
2. DO I NEED A CYLINDRICAL BRUSH DECK OR DISK BRUSH DECK FOR MY FLOOR SCRUBBER? Cylindrical brush decks are capable of sweeping, in addition to wet scrubbing. The cylindrical brush deck features a dry-debris tray to the rear of the brushes that catches any larger materials like nuts, bolts, wood chips, and more from being vacuumed up into the wet recovery tank. Disk brush decks cost less and are capable of scrubbing and cleaning up light amounts of dirt build up on floors. Disk brush decks can also be equipped with brushes or pad drivers and pads, depending on the floor.
3. DO I NEED A RIDE-ON OR WALK-BEHIND MODEL? As a rule of thumb, if you have under 10,000 square feet, using a self-propelled walk-behind floor scrubber would be the most cost-effective. However, there are smaller rider models available if that is what the operator prefers. Areas over 10,000 square feet would best be served by a rider machine. However, many larger walk-behind units are capable of scrubbing more than 30,000 sq./ft. per hour. Many operators are surprised by the area even a smaller walk-behind floor scrubber or sweeper can clean in a short amount of time.
1. WHAT IS THE PAYMENT PROCESS FOR RENTALS? If you are a customer that has a recurring need for rentals, or supplies, we encourage you to fill out a quick, 1-page credit application to open an account with us. If you do not want to open an account, we accept pre-payment for the total amount of your rental, supplies, and transportation (if necessary). After pick-up, you will be emailed a copy of your paid invoice and receipt. We currently accept all major credit cards (including American Express), as well as PayPal.
2. HOW MUCH NOTICE IS NEEDED PRIOR TO THE RENTAL? We will do everything possible to get you equipment as soon as you need it. The more notice we receive, the better the chance that we will be able to reserve your requested model of floor scrubber or sweeper for the dates you need.
3. DO YOU PROVIDE AN EQUIPMENT WALK-THROUGH PRIOR TO THE RENTAL? Yes, of course! We want to make sure you are comfortable with your floor cleaning machine rental. If you pick-up for your floor scrubber or floor sweeper from our location, we will go through the equipment with you and make sure you are comfortable using it before you leave. If we deliver the scrubber or sweeper rental to your site, our driver will go through the machine with you and stay on-site until you are comfortable with your floor cleaning machine. All of the user manuals for our cleaning equipment rentals can be found on our website and we are just a call away if you have any questions!
4. DO YOU HAVE CLEANING CHEMICALS AVAILABLE FOR FLOOR SCRUBBERS? Yes, we do! We have concentrated cleaners to give your floor scrubber even more cleaning power. For larger machines, we have gallon bottles available and for our walk-behinds and small riders we have our “Purple Pouch” Fast-Pack cleaning solution. Our Fast-Packs are pre-measured and can be purchased individually or by the case of 36. Not only do our Fast-Packs add more cleaning power, but they leave the floor with a clean, fresh scent. Don't know how much you need? No problem, you are able to return unopened packs and gallons for a full refund at the conclusion of your rental.
5. HOW DO WEEKEND RENTALS WORK? If you would like your equipment delivered Friday and picked-up Monday, our rate is typically 1.5x the daily rental rate. If your equipment comes with an hour meter, the rental will cover 12 "working hours". Any hours over 12 will be assessed a pro-rated rental amount based on the daily rate (divided by 8 hours).
1. DO YOU HAVE FLOOR SCRUBBERS AND SWEEPERS IN STOCK? Yes, we stock many popular models of both floor scrubbers and sweepers by top manufacturers in the industry. If we do not have the model you need in stock, our manufacturers most likely do and are able to ship directly to your facility. You also have the ability to custom-build your own floor scrubber, or sweeper, if you purchase a Factory Cat or Kodiak model. Load up your new Factory Cat or Kodiak with upgraded batteries, squeegees, wand attachments, and more. Custom-built models are usually ready to ship in less than a month.
2. WHAT IS THE PAYMENT PROCESS FOR NEW AND USED FLOOR CARE EQUIPMENT PURCHASES? We accept a variety of payment forms for new and used floor care equipment. We accept business checks, credit cards (including American Express), ACH/Direct Debit, and Paypal for payment (with exceptions). Payment for your equipment is due at pick-up or before delivery/shipping of your equipment. A 25% - 50% non-refundable deposit is required prior to new custom-build orders from Factory and Kodiak.
3. WHAT IS THE WARRANTY POLICY ON NEW AND USED FLOOR CARE EQUIPMENT? Each manufacturer has their own specific warranty policy for new equipment purchases. Typically, there is a 3-year parts and 1 to 2-year labor warranty for most new models. Pre-owned and used floor care equipment is usually sold “As-is, where-is” with a limited parts warranty. Warranty information is included for any new or used equipment quotes.
4. DO YOU ACCEPT TRADE-INS? Yes, Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep accepts trade-ins of well-maintained equipment from reputable manufacturers that are less than 5 years old. If you would like to see what your machine is worth when purchasing new equipment, send us a message with the make/model, serial number, hours, pictures, and other information you have and we will provide you a quote.
5. DO YOU BUY USED FLOOR SCRUBBERS AND SWEEPERS? No, Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep does not buy used floor care equipment. If you would like a quote on parts or service to get your machine up and running again, send us more information on your machine.
2. DO YOU OFFER IN-HOUSE EQUIPMENT SERVICE? Yes, Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep offers local in-house equipment service for nearly all models of floor care equipment. We have a loading dock and forklift available for unloading assistance. After initial inspection, our service department can provide you a quote for additional parts & service needed to get your equipment back up and running.
3. DO YOU HAVE AFTERMARKET PARTS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE? Yes, Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep works with multiple, reputable aftermarket parts suppliers to get you the best possible pricing on brushes, squeegees, filters, motors, and more. If you let us know the make and model of your floor care equipment we can provide you with both OEM and aftermarket parts cost.
4. WHAT IS THE PAYMENT PROCESS FOR SERVICE AND PARTS ORDERS? If you are in frequent need of service and parts, you are welcome to open an account with billing terms for service and parts. We also accept credit card and ACH payments for non-account customers. For non-account customers, payment in full is required prior to pick-up of your floor care equipment at Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep or prior to your site-visit.
5. WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY FOR PARTS? Parts orders may be returned if unused and in original packaging within 30 days from order placement. Return shipping for parts is the customer’s responsibility, unless parts are defective. Returns occurring after 30 days, but no later than 90 days, will incur a 25% re-stocking fee deducted from the refund. Please contact Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep for a return authorization reference number.
If you still have questions about floor care equipment, Wisconsin Scrub & Sweep, our policies, or any other matter, please contact us and a team member will out to you to provide assistance. Thank you for visiting WisconsinScrubandSweep.com.